Every man in a village of 100 married couples has cheated on his wife. Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated, but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. Everyone knows that the queen only speaks the truth. What happens?Riddle Answer
Circle Four to Get Twelve
Can you circle exactly four of these numbers such that the total is twelve?
Fill the Bathtub
A bathtub has two taps and a plug hole. The cold tap on its own fills the bathtub in 18 minutes. The hot one on its own fills the bathtub in 15 minutes. The plug hole can drain the bathtub in 10 minutes with the taps off.
How long will the bathtub take to fill if both taps are turned on and the plug left out?Riddle Answer
Five potential donors are sitting on a bench from left to right outside the surgery room and are waiting for the doctor. Their ages are 6, 10, 31, 47 and 61. Their heights are 41, 49, 61, 66 and 75 inches. Their weights are 41, 76, 97, 126 and 166 pounds.
Determine the position, blood group, age, height and weight of each of them with the help of the following ten hints.
- The person on the far right is 37 years older than Jimmy, and is 61 inches tall.
- Jimmy weighs 56 pounds more than his height.
- Alexandrio weighs 76 pounds and is 75 inches tall.
- Justin is type AB and weighs 56 pounds less than Jimmy.
- The person in the center is 10 years old, is blood type AO and weighs 97 pounds.
- Andrew, who is the first, is 66 inches tall, and weighs 100 pounds more than his height.
- The person who is blood type O, is 25 years older than the person to the left of them.
- Kian is 61 years old.
- The person who is blood type A, is 55 years younger than Kian and is not next to the person who is type AO.
- The person who is next to the 10 year old but not next to the person who is 66 inches tall, is blood type B, and weighs 126 pounds.
Missing Wallet Thief
Six men, namely Martin Freeman, Jonah Jameson, Terry Singer, Mike Cooper, Jim Condon and Sylvian Bogard were in an elevator together.
Unexpectedly, the lights went out. When the lights came back, Martin Freeman’s wallet was missing which contained a confidential item.
Detectives were called at the scene. They interrogated the suspects, the witnesses, and people who were familiar with the suspects. They collected physical evidence (hair samples, fiber samples, etc.) from the crime scene as well. Overall, they were able to collect fifteen clues, but they could still not find the culprit.
Following are the clues.
- No two suspects have the same weight, color shoes, color umbrella, color car, or hair color.
- The suspect who owns a pink car was wearing tan shoes.
- The suspect who weighs 180 pounds owns an orange car.
- Terry Singer owns an orange car.
- The suspect who owns a blue car was wearing purple shoes.
- The suspect who weighs 150 pounds was wearing tan shoes.
- Mike Cooper was carrying a pink umbrella.
- Sylvian Bogard has black hair.
- Jonah Jameson weighs 210 pounds.
- The suspect who weighs 190 pounds was wearing purple shoes.
- The suspect who was carrying a black umbrella is not the one who was wearing blue shoes.
- The thief owns a blue car.
- The suspect who owns a white car is not the one who weighs 170 pounds.
- Jim Condon was wearing brown shoes.
- The suspect who weighs 190 pounds is not the one who has black hair.
Can you find the culprit?Riddle Answer