Below are four multiple-choice entrance exam questions. Can you find the answers?
1. The answer to Question 2 is:
2. The answer to Question 3 is:
3. The answer to Question 4 is:
4. The answer to Question 1 is:
A. D Riddle Answer
Five potential donors are sitting on a bench from left to right outside the surgery room and are waiting for the doctor. Their ages are 6, 10, 31, 47 and 61. Their heights are 41, 49, 61, 66 and 75 inches. Their weights are 41, 76, 97, 126 and 166 pounds.
Determine the position, blood group, age, height and weight of each of them with the help of the following ten hints.
- The person on the far right is 37 years older than Jimmy, and is 61 inches tall.
- Jimmy weighs 56 pounds more than his height.
- Alexandrio weighs 76 pounds and is 75 inches tall.
- Justin is type AB and weighs 56 pounds less than Jimmy.
- The person in the center is 10 years old, is blood type AO and weighs 97 pounds.
- Andrew, who is the first, is 66 inches tall, and weighs 100 pounds more than his height.
- The person who is blood type O, is 25 years older than the person to the left of them.
- Kian is 61 years old.
- The person who is blood type A, is 55 years younger than Kian and is not next to the person who is type AO.
- The person who is next to the 10 year old but not next to the person who is 66 inches tall, is blood type B, and weighs 126 pounds.
There are 13 caves arranged in a circle. There is a thief hiding in one of the caves. Each day the thief can move to any one of the caves that is adjacent to the cave in which he was staying the previous day. And each day, two cops search any two caves of their choice for the thief. So, one cave is searched per cop per day.
The following conditions apply.
- The thief may either move to an adjacent cave or stay in the same cave.
- The cops can check any two caves each day, they do not need to be adjacent.
- The thief only moves to the adjacent cave when the cops are making their rounds.
- If the thief moves from cave X to adjacent cave Y and if one of the cops is going to check on either cave X or cave Y, the thief will be caught.
What is the minimum number of days to guarantee in which the cops can catch the thief? Riddle Answer
An old man lives alone in a flat. Because of his old age, he is not able to move comfortably and hence most of the things are delivered to his home.
On Friday while delivering the mail, the postman felt something suspicious in the flat and tried to look inside through the key hole and he saw a blood filled body of the old man.
The police arrived at the scene. On the outside of flat they found two bottles of warm milk, Tuesday newspaper, some unopened mails and some gifts.
Who killed the old man and how did the police know who to arrest? Riddle Answer
A man was sitting at the bar feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull out $50 note from his wallet.
He turns to the rich man and says to him, “I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed!”
The rich man laughs.
The poor man says, “I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady’s name of your choice in it.”
The rich man laughs again and says, “Okay. How about my daughter’s name Joanna Armstrong-Miller?”
The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.
What song did he sing? Riddle Answer